Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ConnectIT Vs SM OOB import Descriptor

Hi All,

I am in a stage of evaluating ConnectIT for our requirement to upload massive data (from a text file) to SM. I was wondering if there are published stats for import descriptor? for eg. Connect IT documentation mentions 450 documents/sec.

Also, any other advantages of connect-it over the OOB import descriptor.

Do we have support for data correction in Connect-IT?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: ConnectIT Vs SM OOB import Descriptor

Hi Kaushal,

CIT performance depends on so many factors anything that we can tell you would be at best an educated guess. The server it runs out, what you're doing in the mapping, performance of the destination connector, parallelization...these all contribute to the overall performance. The only way to find out for sure is to test it in an environment similar to what you would be using in production.

As I'm not very familiar with SM, I can't say what specific advantages CIT has over SM's native import, but I suspect that as with most other products CIT's mapping is extremely powerful. You can indeed do data correction, as CIT's mapping tool allows scripting to manipulate data in almost any way.

Jason Dowd
HPE Software Support

If this post has helped you resolve the issue, please flag it as solved.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.