Respected Contributor.. Vinay Kadival Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Currency change is not reflecting

Hi Team,

I have done the changes of currency from USD to INR but the same is not reflecting in the existing contracts and existing IT devices where we have to input the depreciation value of those assets.

Is there any global file where i need to change?

Thanks and Regardss

Vinay S Kadival

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Mark Cullen_1 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Currency change is not reflecting

If I am understanding your post correctly you have table data records that need to reflect a new currency yet this new currency has been setup AFTER the table data records were already there.

Asset Manager is only dynamic from the start of new functionality going forward.  This means any related existing table data records will require manipulation to reflect new functionality and any new related table data records will not.  This can be seen by 1 - modifying an existing record and 2 - creating a new record.  Both will ential a database commit which in turn triggers any background agent to perform their purpose.

Depending on the number of existing table data records this manipulation can be handled manually or via action script.  Since this case deals with currency I would 1 - modify a monetary element by one cent (ie. $0.01USD), 2 - save the change, 3 - modify back to original value, and 4 - save the change.  This will need to be done to each table data record.

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.. Vinay Kadival Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Hi,

Can this be done from the DB side? Or is there any mechanism of mass date i.e. select few contracts and change the currency to INR instead of USD?

Thanks and Regards

Vinay S Kadival

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. Mark Cullen_1 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

This should never be done from the backend (ie. DB side) and there is no out of the box mechanism.  This means it needs to be done manually or via custom action.  Performing manually in bulk may/may not work since I do not know what/how this was setup.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.