Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Jeff Sikorski Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Date SW Installed / Utilization

We are in the process of using Utilization data to re-claim unused software.  One of the questions brought to me that I cant find the answer to:
How can I tell if the person just got Application A installed on their computer?

We obviously don't want to go telling people we are taking Application A back because they dont use it, if they just got it installed yesterday.

I dont believe that the 'install date' is captured by SAI recognition... Is there any kind of 'First Recognized' date stored somewhere or any field that would help identify how long that particular app has been monitored by utilization?

Anyone have any methods for achieving this?

Thanks,

Jeff

P.S. This thread has been moved from ITRC DDM Inventory (Enterprise Discovery) Forum to IT Asset Manager / Connect-IT Support and News Forum - HP Forums moderator

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.. MTWalsh Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Date SW Installed / Utilization

Easiest thing I can think of would be to define a field in Asset Manager called creation date (dtCreate) and set the default script on it to be either now() or date() respectively.  The default script in AM is only executed when the record is first created.

This wouldn't help you retroactively, but would at least give you the date it was first created in AM going forward.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.