Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Mouad_1 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Flaging newly inserted record

Jump to solution

Hey everyone,

I've been working with Connect IT to integrate DDMi to AM for a while, but still could't really understand all of its behavior.

My question please is :

Using the connect IT scneraio, how to flag some booleen field at the target table (AM : amComputer) as TRUE, only if the record is being inserted as new one from the source (DDMi).

The purpose is to be able to tell which records in Asset Manager were added from DDMi and which were manually inserted right from AM itself (by an AM Admin).

Thank very much for any idea about how to accomplish that.

Mouad

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
caoke Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Flaging newly inserted record

Jump to solution

If you just need a flag to distinguish where the data comes from, my suggestion is the field dtLastScan on table amComputer. In OOTB scenario, this field is updated each time you sync data from DDMi to AM. Generally the data which is manually input has no value for this field. So you treat it as the flag.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. Mark Cullen_1 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Easiest way is to keep history on primary key of table in question and use a different admin account in the CIT scenario.

0 Likes
caoke Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

If you just need a flag to distinguish where the data comes from, my suggestion is the field dtLastScan on table amComputer. In OOTB scenario, this field is updated each time you sync data from DDMi to AM. Generally the data which is manually input has no value for this field. So you treat it as the flag.

View solution in original post

caoke Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
That means you don't need any efforts on C-it or AM sides.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Mouad_1 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thank you all.

Using dtLastScan as caoke suggested, is enough for my case.

The query

Computer.dtLastScan IS NULL (IS NOT NULL)

can list assets telling wether DDMi is behind each record or not (i guess).

Will try now to show that up in a single record, maybe using calculated fields.

Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.