kayzie Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

HP UD + AM SAM to discover Microsoft Office 2013

Dear All,

Good day to you. I've been receiving feedback from customer that UD is unable to discover Office 2013 in terms of license utilization and installation. I've been trying to search in Software Support portal and webpages, but do not find any information available. Can anyone confirm if the information can be discovered by UD and pass the information to AM for SAM reporting?

Thank you.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Jason_Dowd Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: HP UD + AM SAM to discover Microsoft Office 2013

Hi Kayzie,

I can't answer about the discovery part directly, as UD is outside of my area of expertise, but I can say that we have numerous customers who have UD and are getting Office 2013 discovered and sent to AM for license tracking.

Jason Dowd
HPE Software Support

If this post has helped you resolve the issue, please flag it as solved.
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Dear Jason,

Noted and thank you very much for the information. Will it be possible that this information is listed in any of the HP documentation that I can send to the customer as a proof?

Thank you very much in advance.
0 Likes
headstrong Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

You have to use Inventory by scanner discovery for discovering the Office. If you are using agent then you will be able to get the Utilization as well.

Regards,

headstrong

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Hi,

Thank you very much for the information provided. I've already told the customer the same information. However, the customer said that they have a document stating that HP UD is unable to discover Office 2013. I'm in the midst of requesting for the document from them. Meanwhile, it would be great if I can get some HP document to proof to them that it is indeed achievable.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. _atmega328 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

it may be that the SAI library in UD is not up to date and does not recognise office 2013

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.