Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. bednarcm Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

How to show linked values from connected table?

Hi,

I'm new in AM and I encountered a problem:

I have three tables:
amContract (default)
amPortfolio (default)
myInvoice (custom)

amContract has the screen amContract and it shows connected invoices on page Invoices. (Normal Link)
amContract also shows connected licenses (this is ootb)
amPortfolio has the screen amPortfolio and it shows connected invoices on page Invoices (different page than in amContract, but linked to the same table), when amPortoflio model nature is software license. (Normal Link)

The question is: how to show Contract invoices on amPortfolio (License) screen, when License and Invoice are connected with Contract and Invoice is not connected with License?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Jason_Dowd Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to show linked values from connected table?

There is no easy way to do that, because the links between amPortfolio, amContract, and amInvoice are all N-N links, which means there are relational tables in between. The only way I can think of to even do it at all inside the AM client would be to create a calculated field to show that information. With an external reporting tool, you could probably join all of those together and create something more useful, but going through two sets of N-N links is not really easy to do in the AM client.

Jason Dowd
HPE Software Support

If this post has helped you resolve the issue, please flag it as solved.
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.. bednarcm Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Re: How to show linked values from connected table?

Thanks Jason.

We resigned from this feature, because is not important. To see invoice number user will have to open connected contract.

BR.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.