Highlighted
Absent Member.. Matt Brier Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Importing assets and assigning to users

We just migrated from AssetCenter 4.4.2 to Asset Manager 9.30 and Connect-It 3.6.1 to Connect-It 9.3.  In the old version we had a scenario that imported assets and assigned them to specified users.  The data is in a delimitted file and imports based on the user's name via the Items Used link.

In the new version it imports all of the assets, but will only assign an employee to the first set of non-duplicate data.  Any duplicates get imported without a user.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Acclaimed Contributor.. Mark Cullen_1 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Importing assets and assigning to users

I don't like to read the term duplicate when importing data.  This tells me the reconciliation keys used to identify a unique record are not really unique.

Also, depending on reconciliation keys, is the mapping setup to update-insert, update only, insert only, etc?

You may need to verify the new structure is not in conflict with the old structure.

I am a bit surprised this issue wasn't identified during migration testing.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.