cwinein
New Member.

Issue While deploying Asset Manager 9.50 P5 war file.

HI Experts,

I am getting issue while deploying AM war file.  AM service is not able to be up.Error:

06:05:08,436 ERROR - com.hp.ov.ac.aop.AmWsThrowAdvice - Intercepted exception of type [com.peregrine.ac.AmException] AMException [12002] Exception [Error (12,002): Connection failed. Please check the parameters and/or the description stored in the "amdb.ini" file.] thrown by target class [com.peregrine.ac.ws.axis.ACContextApi]  and method [public abstract java.lang.String com.peregrine.ac.api.IAmApi.getOptionValue(java.lang.String,java.lang.String) throws com.peregrine.ac.AmException] for the params of Installation, InstallType
Error (12,002): Connection failed. Please check the parameters and/or the description stored in the "amdb.ini" file.

at com.peregrine.ac.api.AmApi.getConnection(AmApi.java:96)

Same configuration is working fine on other server (same network) but having issue with one server. I am not sure that what is issue but whenever I tried on other server , servicee come up. Could you please tell me if this issue is related to server specfic or some network issue. I can ping all server including database.

Java Version:  1.7.0_79 (64 Bit)
Asset Manager: 9.50- build 12181
Database: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (SP3) - 10.50.6220.0 (X64)
RAM: 8 GB
System Type 64 Bit
Tomcat: 7.0.42( We have split web tier and service on tomcat)
IIS 7.0
IE:11
Arch :64 Bit

0 Likes
10 Replies
ran_b Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Issue While deploying Asset Manager 9.50 P5 war file.

Greetings cwinein,

Thank you for submitting this query; we appreciate providing details of the issue!

We're however not sure whether Asset Manager client or Application Designer installed on the affected server is able to connect to the database. It is worth performing a test, if not already. In case the GUI interface fails to connect to the database, we can first review the entries in amdb.ini file. You may want comparing the file with another system. If nothing found wrong, probably a reinstallation of the application may help. Please keep us posted your findings.

Best regards
Ranjan Bhattacharya
HPE Software

0 Likes
Highlighted
cwinein
New Member.

HI Ranjan,

Thanks for reply. AM window client is working fine on server. I also reinstalled complete AM, Java and tomcat setup and compared with configuration files from working server. I am able to make ODBC connection without any issue. Unfortunately I didn't find any clue after comparing except there is some OS/Network related problem.

I observed that there is "no internet access" warning on problematic server. Please see attached image jpg. On the other hand I can't see such warning on server where same configuration working fine.

This issue could cause problem?

Thanks,

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi cwinein,

Thanks for sharing the information!

This is likely to be the cause; probably there is an intermittent network connectivity issue. Please check whether the database server responds to ping request when the warning is shown.

Best regards
Ranjan Bhattacharya
HPE Software

0 Likes
cwinein
New Member.

Hi Ranjan,

Thanks for your reply. I can ping DB server without any issue. Could you please suggest me that where exactly I can  see error log of exact reason except tomcat logs?

There should be some logs which could indicate the exact issue. Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi cwinein,

Appreciate the update!

Please check whether the response time to ping request is consistent.

Second, check whether the WebService opens fine. Open the URL http://<WebServiceServer>:<WebServicePort>/AssetManagerWebService in web browser, expand Head and click on a webservice; the WSDL should get displayed on-screen.

AdbLog of the webservice might have further information. KM869748 is written for version 5.0 is still valid except following changes:
AssetCenter > replace by AssetManager
aamapi50.ini > the API name for version 9.50 is aamapi95.ini

Best regards
Ranjan Bhattacharya
HPE Software

0 Likes
cwinein
New Member.

Spoiler

Hi Ranjan,

I am getting following error while opening AM service:http://localhost:8081/AssetManagerWebService

Version: Unable to connect to the database to retrieve the version. Please check the Web service's start-up parameters above and the parameters of the AssetManager connection in the 'amdb.ini' file. Error (12 002): Connection failed. Please check the parameters and/or the description stored in the "amdb.ini" file.

I can check adblog once AM service should come up. Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi cwinein,

This issue have several possible causes.

First, make sure port 8081 is free.

Another usual cause: DB.library.path cannot be determined dynamically in some instances; specifying the static value helps. enter the value in webservice\package.properties file as below: DB.library.path=<Asset Manager Installation folder>/x64/aamapi95.dll  

Note the separator in the path is "/" unlike Windows. Redeploy the web after saving the change.

Using mixed architecture of the components leads to this error as well. Make sure JAVA_HOME environment parameter correctly points to 64-bit Java library and 'java -version' command executed from any path confirms that. Below result means 32-bit Java is active:
C:\Users\Administrator>java -version
java version "1.8.0_92" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_92-b14)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.92-b14, mixed mode)

Best regards
Ranjan Bhattacharya
HPE Software

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Another point to check asuming 64-bit web deploy, 64-bit system DSN needs to be specified as DB.datasource in the package.properties instead of 32-bit one use for Windows client.

odbcad32.exe located at %systemroot%\system32 directory creates a 64-bit ODBC. If executed from %systemroot%\SysWOW64 directory a 32-bit connection is created.

0 Likes
cwinein
New Member.

Hi Ranjan,

I am surprised because same setting I am using on other server and not getting any issue. For this server I checked everything with your suggestion but I didn’t find any gap.

1)ODBC Connection – I have created 64 bit connection AM64 on %systemroot%\system32(for web client) and 32 bit data source AM on systemroot%\SysWOW64(for Thick client). I am using in webservice\package.properties file e.g.

DB.datasource=AM64

2) As suggested I tried using complete path in webservice\package.properties file.

DB.library.path=C:/Program Files (x86)/HP/Asset Manager 9.50 en/x64/aamapi95.dll

arch=64

3)I checked Java is 64 Bit. Check following results:

C:\Users\Administrator>java -version

java version "1.7.0_79"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_79-b15)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.79-b02, mixed mode) 

4)Using proper java library and JAVA_HOME

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_79\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll 

I have tried Asset Manager deployment many times but didn’t get such error for long time. Generally above mentioned suggestion work perfectly. Also I have resolved Internet access problem which I mentioned on first post but it didn’t able to turn it up service.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. Mark Cullen_1 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Things for you to review as I have Microsoft server 2012 R2 (64-bit) as our web services server...

1 - ENABLED:  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\File System\NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation
1.1 - If this is disabled then building web services (deploy) would have failed.  This is default disabled in 2008/2012.
1.2 - With this enabled and installing AM software, the system will auto-create short names for installation path (ie. C:/PROGRA~2/HP/ASSETM~1.50E/x64/aamapi95.dll).
1.3 - If no short names then enable regedit attribute from above (a reboot is needed), and uninstall / delete folder directory / install AM again.

2 - Our database is Oracle (32-bit) so I also had to install 64-bit runtime Oracle version

3 - Environment variables...
3.1 - CATALINA_HOME = C:\Tomcat80 - 64-bit
3.2 - JAVA_HOME = C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_66 - 64-bit
3.3 - PATH = C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Asset Manager 9.50 en\x64;C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Asset Manager 9.50 en\bin
3.3.1 - Note:  Deploying 64-bit means \x64 comes first

4 - DB.library.path:  Again, if short names not enabled then dynamic path will not work.

5 - Configure Tomcat:  Java options = -Djava.library.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Asset Manager 9.50 en\x64
5.1 - Make sure correct directory path is being used.

6 - amdb.ini:  AmApiDll=C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Asset Manager 9.50 en\x64\aamapi95.dll
6.1 - Make sure correct directory path is being used.

7 - Firewall:  Add your web services port for protocol TCP.

8 - Steps I take to re-deploy...
8.1 - Stop "Apache Tomcat 8.0 Tomcat80" service (via 'Monitor Tomcat' or Services)
8.2 - Delete AssetManagerWebService.war file from "C:\Tomcat80\webapps"
8.3 - Delete AssetManagerWebService folder from "C:\Tomcat80\webapps" and "C:\Tomcat80\work\Catalina\localhost"
8.4 - Start Command Prompt (Admin) - right-click Start/Windows button (lower left corner)
8.5 - Execute the following command to change directory prompt:  cd C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Asset Manager 9.50 en\deploy
8.6 - Execute the following command to deploy:  deploy.bat /x64 ..\websvc\package.properties
8.7 - When prompted, enter database password
8.8 - When prompted, enter user password
8.9 - When process complete, exit out of command prompt
8.10 - Copy AssetManagerWebService.war file from "C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Asset Manager 9.50 en\websvc" and paste to "C:\Tomcat80\webapps"
8.11 - Start "Apache Tomcat 8.0 Tomcat80" service (via 'Monitor Tomcat' or Services)
8.12 - Open Internet Explorer and enter http://localhost:8080/AssetManagerWebService
8.13 - Confirm success (could take up to 10 minutes for screen to display)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.