Respected Contributor.. Vinay Kadival Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

LDAP and Connect IT for Asset Manager 9.60

Hi All,

I have installed Connect IT 9.60 and Asset Manager 9.60. Both are running on a different server. I am trying integrate LDAP as source and Database as destination but can somebody help what should be the mapping?

I have already created ODBC for AM server where connection is successful but need to know what should be the mapping.

Thanks and Regards

Vinay S Kadival

0 Likes
4 Replies
dkibler Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: LDAP and Connect IT for Asset Manager 9.60

Hello Vinay Kadival,

You can find the steps to configure LDAP in Asset Manager in the Administration guide where you can find what is needed to map it.

Also about Connect It,  you need to configure the Ldap connector. When you add the scenario and you go to the main menu, choose tools and advance configuration. There you can check the connector, by right clicking the requirements it has, as a sample I attached the main screenshot to configure the connector, also if you are wondering what schema to use ,there is an option in the connector where you can address the server schema description file corresponding to the LDAP server. 

You need a normal domain user that belongs to the schema you are trying to access of course, for your specific scenario this user will be only used to read data. No special permissions should be mandatory to use the user (check screenshot).

Administration guide link: https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM02779263

Best Regards,

David Kibler
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.. Vinay Kadival Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Hi,

Please find the screenshot. If you see on the left hand side i am able to view all the AD attributes but on right side of AMDB i am unable to view AM tables. Now the query is if i want to map "samAccount" to which field should i map of the AMDB side.

regards

Vinay S Kadival

0 Likes
poojam Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hello Vinay,
Please do not use database connector for Asset manager. Please use Asset Manager connector as destination.

Regards,
Pooja
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. Hope Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Hi Vinay Kadival.

it`s not very difficult.   As far as I understand u need unload users from LDAP.

1) Create a new produced document on LDAP connector. (Find out from the customer where his users are located. In my case, my table was called  "OrganizationPerson").

2)Mapping fields from ldap on the fields from AM.

First of all we need to drag table bDepartment from AM Tables and set value  "0" u can see this on my screenshot .

Then we drag table "bSharedDate"  form am Tables and set value "1"  --  ('set this field with value 1 to ensure legacy user can modify data
1)

Further everything is easy

LDAP TABLES                                                                   AM TABLESS

Drag "bDepartment" set this field with value 0

Drag bSharedDate set thisfield with value 1

mail                                                      ->                               Email

dn                                                  ->                                     LDAPdn

Mail                                                 ->                                    mailLogin

SamAccountName                                ->                             UserLogin

SamAccountName                                  ->                             UserName

SamAccountName                                    ->                               ZP_USERID   (This table we created in asset manager  manually and set this field Reconciliation Key!  Coz we have integration between SAP and AM.   We linked by ID number from SAP ) If you just need users, you can not use this table.  But if u want to setup auntification with LDAP . ( the credentials of your user correspond to the name in the LDAP)  In my case, users log in systems with using the login sap, so I made a reconc key the login from the sap.

I have given you screenshots.

If this helps, let me know.

Best Regards,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.