Absent Member.. vasanthapr335 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Login 'XYZ' unknown. Access denied-Urgent

Hi Experts,

I am using AM 9.30 . I have created a new user with admin rights as attached in screen-shot.

But when i try to login using Windows client and web-client i am getting error like" Login 'XYZ' unknown. Access denied ". I have restarted the APM service. Still i am facing same issue. I have only 5 Named user license .

And except admin i dont have any other user in AM .

Please suggest ASAP .

Thanks .

0 Likes
10 Replies
mahesh428 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Login 'XYZ' unknown. Access denied-Urgent

Hi,

Can you deselcet all the options under the profile section except "Administration rights" and try?

Regards,

Mahesh.

0 Likes
Priya_B Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Uncheck the FOrce change option since we have the Password never Expires set already.

HP Support - If this post or any post helps you resolve an issue, please be sure to mark it as an acceptable solution.
Like a post, Please click Kudos to show appreciation !
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi Mahesh/Priya ,

I have already checked the options by unchecking the "Force Change" and Only Administrator rights .

Still getting same issue . I can only login as "Admin", for all rest of the users its giving same error .

Users are already created and it was logged in sucessfully when it was created . Now its giving issue.

Plz suggest .

Thanks

0 Likes
Priya_B Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can you please forward the snapshot of App designer --> Login to the database, Action --> Activate Database and it will show license information.

HP Support - If this post or any post helps you resolve an issue, please be sure to mark it as an acceptable solution.
0 Likes
Priya_B Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If you can join a quick Webex we can have a look.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi Priya,

Thanks for your quick reply. Due to security issue i cant share  web-session .I have attached screen-shot which you asked . And when i try to start APM using Admin, its hanging . But i can login to windows client and app-designer  using Admin. 

Plz suggest .

Thanks

0 Likes
Priya_B Absent Member.
Absent Member.

When you say its hanging whats exactly happening ? Where does it hang ?  OPen APM GUI , In the Tools -->Main Options set a logfile then connect to the database.

Also, since your Admin user is working enable ADBlog , disconnect and login again with the other user which gives error.

To enable ADBLog. Hold Ctrl key --> Edit options , enable ADBlog by check and then give a path. CLose GUI . Login again with Admin Press F3 to see ADB log is ON . Logoff and login with another user . Send the ADBlog and APM log.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi Priya,

Isuue is solved .Now APM is running. First  I have created a user .Then i have assigned profiles "Helpdeskadmin" . Then i tried to login with that user . Gave error.Then i have assigned profile Admin rights.

And now its working.

But why it cant work if in the begining itself i give Admin rights ?

Thanks .

0 Likes
Priya_B Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Better to give only Admin rights only always as APM and App Designer need users with Admin rights only.

0 Likes
Priya_B Absent Member.
Absent Member.

May I request you to mark this thread as resolved ? This will benefit all others following the forum.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.