AquaLoco Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Open up SM Web page for a ticket from within AM

Hello everyone,

In General - I am trying to figure out a way to have AM open up a browsers window based on a link stored in AM.

Specifically - I am storing the SM incident link within a custom AM field.  I would like AM users to be able to click on the link and rederict them to a browser to see the incident ticket relating to the asset.  Similar to way a link works within an email message.

Can this be done?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.. Edward_Ulate_AM Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Open up SM Web page for a ticket from within AM

Hi AquaLoco.

I was consulting if this could be possible and at this moment we dont have the way to do it as you wish, What I could recommend you are the steps documented in the "HP Asset Manager Web Implementation" about how to create a favorite.

*Web client
Using Microsoft Internet Explorer:
a. Display the screen that you want to add to the browser's favorites.
b. If this screen contains a list of records, define the display parameters for the list (tree or list
view, column sorting, filter).
c. Click the icon at the upper left of the Web client's workspace.
A link is created to the page and is added to Internet Explorer's favorites.
The screen's display parameters are also maintained.

Regards,
Edward Ulate C.|SW Technical Support Consultant.
Asset Manager

Hewlett-Packard (SSO Portal)

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.”
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. Mark Cullen_1 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Open up SM Web page for a ticket from within AM

Please review "AmActionExec()" function in programmer's reference pdf guide under Docs folder.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.