Absent Member.. stephaniecho Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Restart Asset Manager - Out of Memory

Hello,

I am new to Asset Manager and there has been a reoccuring error where I have to restart Asset Manager.

The error I get is:

org.glassfish.jersey.server.ContainerException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Out of memory

What would I do to resolve this? Thank you

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: Restart Asset Manager - Out of Memory

Hi Stephanie,

Usually with customer environment, when you leave the JVM heap size and Perm size as default, you will see this OutOfMemory error.

Please try to configure those parameters and then restart the server. Also make sure you are using the 64-bit binary.

In production, for WebTier, the suggested JVM options are:

-Xms2048m
–Xmx2048m
-XX:PermSize=128M

For Web Service:

-Xms1536m
–Xmx1536m
-XX:PermSize=128M
-XX:+UseParNewGC
-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
-Djava.library.path=C:\PROGRA~2\HP\AS3D26~1.50E\x64
-Dsun.lang.ClassLoader.allowArraySyntax=true
… 

For more details on configuration, please find in the installation guide shipped with the product (usually in doc folder).

For the sizing reference in production, please find in SelfSolve:

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01660042

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.