Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
kaveri gupta Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Running a scenario through service console

Hi all

I am using Connect-It 3.7 to transfer the data from Enterprise discovery 2.1 to asset center 5.0
I created my own scenario in which i mapped devices table in ED to tables amportfolio in AC.
When i am running the scenario through scenario builder, all the rows are transferred without any error.
I created a service out of that scenario so and schedule it run every 5 min. but when i run the same scenario though service console, it is transferring only one or two rows once, then after 5 min , it said "no documents to produce" written in log file.

i dont know why this scenario is working properly with service.

is there any extra configuration need to be done to make a scenario run in service console?
Please help!!
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.. MTWalsh Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Running a scenario through service console

What is probably happening is that you have a schedule pointer defined on the source connector in your scenario. What a schedule pointer does is limit the produced documents to ones that have changed since the last time the scenario ran. If the source connector is the Asset Management connector, this would be based on the dtLastModif field in the root table you are pulling from. What CIT does is add something like 'dtLastModif > last_time_the_scenario_ran' to the query it is issuing (where last_time_the_scenario ran is the pointer status datetime shown in the service console next to the scenario name).

This is to help make the scenario run faster. If you need to remove it though, you can configure the source connector not to use it by right-clicking on the connector, hitting next until you see the checkbox for schedule pointer, and unchecking it. You may need to re-install the scenario as a service after you do this for the changes to take effect (or at least go in and re-validate the connectors by clicking Configure in the service console, opening each connector and clicking finish...then clicking validate once the validate button is available).
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.