Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
StuffedBuffalo Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Scheduling scenario in Connect-IT 9.40

I've created a new scenario in Connect-IT 9.40. I am able to run it fine from the regular Connect-IT Designer. However, when I try to schedule it using the Service Console I get the following error from the log file:

2012/06/25 23:35:50.713 2 1 (-2006) ODBC error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified SQLSTate: IM002
2012/06/25 23:35:50.713 2 1 (-2006) ODBC: Unable to connect to database 'EOS_PROD' (UserId='*****')
2012/06/25 23:35:50.713 2 1 (-2006) Unable to connect to this database engine.
2012/06/25 23:35:50.713 1 1 (-53) Unable to open the 'EOS_PROD' connector.

Again it runs fine using the designer but won't run as a service. Am I missing something?

0 Likes
12 Replies
AaronWu Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Scheduling scenario in Connect-IT 9.40

What kind of user account are you using for Connect-It service? LocalSystem?  

Using LocalSystem may fail to read Connect-It options which is probably used for reading specific configurations, such as ODBC, etc. You may try to use Admin user account to do a quick test?

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

You are correct that it is running as LocalSystem. However, the only way I can have Administrator access to this box is through a Domain Account with Admin rights. I have tried 2 different accounts that in 2 different domain groups that are in the Administrators Group on the local machine. (I hope that made sense).

With both accounts I get the same error:

2012/06/26 09:06:14.000 1 1 (0) System error 1069: The service did not start due to a logon failure..

I know the credentials are correct for these accounts because I am able to login to the machine with them. I'm in Windows 2008 and launched the service console with Admin rights.

0 Likes
Jason_Dowd Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Do those accounts have "Log in as a Service" as a right assigned to them?
Jason Dowd
HPE Software Support

If this post has helped you resolve the issue, please flag it as solved.
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

I've spoken to my AD admins. They provided me with a username and password that is local to the machine in the administrators group with log in as a service rights. I still get the same error.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Which error? The "login failure" error, or the odbc error?
Jason Dowd
HPE Software Support

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

The ODBC error. This seems to have resolved the login failure.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

In that case, check to make sure your ODBC connection to your database is set up as a System DSN and not a User DSN. It's probably configured as a User DSN, which means only the user that created it can see it.
Jason Dowd
HPE Software Support

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.

I went back into ODBC Administrator and created a new connection as a System DSN. However, I cannot see the connection I created as a System DSN from Connect-IT.

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Should i just open a ticket with HP support?

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Is this a 32-bit or 64-bit OS? If it's 64-bit, make sure you create the ODBC connection as 32-bit (CIT is a 32-bit application). If it's 32-bit, then creating it as a system DSN should be visible to the scenario -- the only thing I can think of that would prevent it from being seen would be if the user running connect-it doesn't have rights to see the connection.
Jason Dowd
HPE Software Support

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

It's a 64bit version of Windows Server 2008. However, the executable I'm calling for Microsoft ODBC is C:\Windows\System32\odbcad32.exe. I would assume that this is the 32 bit version of the ODBC Administrator.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Nope, that's the 64-bit ODBC Administrator.

The 32-bit ODBC Administrator is under C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe. Try doing it there and you should be good.
Jason Dowd
HPE Software Support

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.