Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. bednarcm Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Set linked fields value when portfolio item update

Hi,

I have a small issue. When I add new software license (portfolio item) and choose Parent Item, fields like "Location", "User" are automatically filled. And this is ok. When I set license to "In use" state, User field is mandatory.

Now I want to modify license record. I have to change Parent of my license (change license assignation to other computer) and fields Location and User are not changed. I know, it will be changed when I click "Modify" button.

So when I have a lot of records and I have to change assignation or status (in stock -> in use), I have to fill fields: Parent, User because User is not automatically filled like when I create record.

And my question: is there any way to change this mechanism? In my opinion it will be more usable for users, who will be working with this system.

Regards.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Acclaimed Contributor.. Mark Cullen_1 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Set linked fields value when portfolio item update

This is a small issue and the "mechanism" you write of relates with background agents which not only ensures database integrity but also ensures logical outcomes (ie. child portfolio items auto-inheriting its parent values).

By wanting to change the out of the box functionality, you are turning this into a major issue, just so users can see "what" the values will be "before" selecting the Modify button.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.