Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Two automated process manager services in one windows server

Jump to solution

Hi ,

Can we configure two automated process services which connect to two different databases in one windows server ,  If yes then how can we do it ?

Thanks in advance ,

Supriya

Supriya
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Two automated process manager services in one windows server

Jump to solution

Basically what you have to do is copy the APM files (the amsrv folder under your AM installation) so you have a second set of APM files. Then you configure the second APM to point to the database you want it to connect to. Go into the Windows registry, copy the existing APM service, rename it, and point it to the second APM executable. Voila, you have another service that points to your second AM database.

Jason Dowd
HPE Software Support

If this post has helped you resolve the issue, please flag it as solved.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Can you please attach it here because it says " I am not authorized to view this document "

Thanks,

Supriya.

Supriya
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

I would suggest contacting HP (through your rep) to obtain as I am not authorized to hand out locked documents.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

okay thanks anyway.

Supriya
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Supriya,

The short answer is yes, you can. If you are planning to use them for different databases, it's pretty easy to do. If you are planning to use them for the same database, you have to be careful not to have them both executing the same modules, or you get duplicated data.

Jason Dowd
HPE Software Support

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi ,

I want to do it for the same database but different schemas , I know to use the apm for this thing but I want to create a windows service to automatically do this  ( for all the schemas).

Thanks in advance , 

Supriya.

Supriya
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Basically what you have to do is copy the APM files (the amsrv folder under your AM installation) so you have a second set of APM files. Then you configure the second APM to point to the database you want it to connect to. Go into the Windows registry, copy the existing APM service, rename it, and point it to the second APM executable. Voila, you have another service that points to your second AM database.

Jason Dowd
HPE Software Support

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

thank you so much Jason 🙂 🙂 .

Supriya
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.