Sharath3 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Web Client Issue

Jump to solution

Hi, 

We get error when we try to open the customized screens.Check definitions and tagging web service, Everything was succesful.I'm attaching the screen shot.Please suggest

Thanks
Sharath

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Web Client Issue

Jump to solution

Hi,

This issue solved few days back.
Resolution is removing the spaces in SQL name of screens.

Thanks
Sharath

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
IGOR_HPE Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I had that same problem before with customized screens. Make sure your screens loads in the Windows Client properly without any errors as well. Make sure to add all the columns for that screen to test it properly, in the Windows Client or it won't complain. 

Also, go into your Application Designer & give the page you're trying to look at the default screen & see if that loads in the web client. If it does, you will know that your customized screen you created is causing that error.

Make sure to stop the WebService/WebTier & then Restart.

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply!
But i didn't get you exactly,What you mean by "give the page you're trying to look at the default screen & see if that loads in the web client. If it does, you will know that your customized screen you created is causing that error." ??

0 Likes
Highlighted
IGOR_HPE Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I didn't mean to be so vague, but what I meant was to revert back to the default screen (I'm assuming that you either duplicated a SYSTEM screen or created a NEW screen with all the proper fields filled out) and load the screen with its default pages (I'm assuming at least 1 page is available). Also, if you created your own custom pages, that could be causing the error. Therefore make sure you take a step at a time and start from the default or system screens/pages before customizing anything. Also, you can try loading that customized screen with a SYSTEM page to see if the same error persists. Make sure to restart Tomcat after applying changes.

Per my experience customizing screens, that error is from your customization (usually caused by customized Pages, in my case). What else you can do is post your customized screen info from the Application Designer for more details:

- which table it's in (General tab)
- Domain (General tab)
- Screen set (General tab)
- If you have any system/query filters (List/Detail tab)
- If you added any buttons (Buttons tab)
- Your Page info (this is located in the View tab > Edit Pages > click on Page > copy paste you "List of fields" info)

You can definitely post your entire screen/pages here by providing screenshots of all the information. I hope I was a bit more clear this time.

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

This issue solved few days back.
Resolution is removing the spaces in SQL name of screens.

Thanks
Sharath

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.