Absent Member.. Matt Brier Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Workflow cleanup in AssetCenter 4.4.1.4352

Our system is beginning to bog down a little and we are experiencing a few more deadlocks than normal. In looking at the wfInstance table it has not been cleaned up in roughly 2.5 years and a lot of the deadlocks occur around actions that kick off workflows.

We've already setup the database in accordance with the deadlock fix document. Is there an easy way to cleanup the workflows short of selecting them and deleting them?
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.. Peeyush_Tyagi Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Workflow cleanup in AssetCenter 4.4.1.4352

Hi,
If I have understood your question well then it can be rephrased as "Automated deletion of Completed Workflow Instances".
If yes, then you would find a very nice example in AC help (try search "workflow deletion").

The example clearly defines the 5 steps needed to do it 🙂
If you are unable to locate it ... i can provide the same for you.

Regards,
Peeyush Tyagi
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Matt Brier Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I saw the script in question and it would work once I have the table cleaned up, but with the sheer number of records in the table right now that script would cause a resource nightmare in the system.

Thank you though.
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Bryce Hull Absent Member..
Absent Member..

There is an old document on the support site that tells how to do it in the old version of AC, it should still work. Of course there are disclaimers in the doc to get the sql approved by HP before running it. I'll add my disclaimer, test it in a development system first. Below is a summary of the document to help you find it on the support site.

Title: AssetCenter: How to keep workflow tables clean as part of workflow maintenance
Document ID: KM48182
Product: AssetCenter
Version: 3.0
Updated: 2007-Jun-29

This entry covers four topics:

Section One: Why do we need to do Workflow (WF) Maintenance?
Section Two: An explanation of the Delete completed workflow instances Workflow
Section Three: Is this enough or do we need to do more?
Section Four: How can we delete 1,000,000 completed WF Instances?
0 Likes
RussParker_1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for referencing that Knowledge Article Bryce! It is one of a set I wrote ~7 years ago back in the "good old days" at Peregrine. Always nice to see one of them still kicking. Brought a smile to my face. 🙂
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.