Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Trusted Contributor.. Hope Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

xls file push to AM DB with connect it .

Jump to solution

Hello there.
I have connect-it 9.80  and file in xls format.  I need mapping infromation about my servers and computers with AM data base.  In asset manager database i created new fields for my information.. But information about my computers and servers on the rus lengueage and i can`t creating DSC file ...

1) the first thing I want to know. Connect-it 9.80 can work with xls files or connect-it does not work with xls files and i need to convert my xls file to csv.

2) How can I make the connect-it  understandable for the Russian lengueage? (i can`t create russian description for DSC File...)
Experts please help me .

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: xls file push to AM DB with connect it .

Jump to solution

Hi Hope,

I don't have a Russian environment to test with so its somehow guessing but I think you need to have:

- Russian installed as Language on the system.
- set CIT Language to Russian (maybe restart CIT after this change)
If you now create the dsc file how does it look (if you open it in an text editor)?
Just for a test if the dsc is not correct: can you correct some words in the editor -> how does it look in CIT now?

Volker

3 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. Mark Cullen_1 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

I cannot remember whether a separate license is required for xls.  csv delimited will work.

GoldenRatioRJP Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

As far as I know there is no Excel Connector seperatelly licensed or otherwise.

Just save as Comma or Tab delimited text and CIT will devour them all day long.

One thing to be careful of though are some formatting things Excel will "helpfully" do for you...

Double check how dates in particular get save to the text file, as well as columns which may have numeric strings with leading 0's.  Also watch out for data which might contain your delimiter or CRLF's which might be in cells.

Cheers,

Russell Parker, CITAM, CHAMP, CSAM
President - Golden Ratio, Inc.
Russ.Parker@GoldenRatioInc.com
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Hope,

I don't have a Russian environment to test with so its somehow guessing but I think you need to have:

- Russian installed as Language on the system.
- set CIT Language to Russian (maybe restart CIT after this change)
If you now create the dsc file how does it look (if you open it in an text editor)?
Just for a test if the dsc is not correct: can you correct some words in the editor -> how does it look in CIT now?

Volker

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.