Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
RavenArens Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Create different Story types when sending to backlog

Our configuration send items in the backlog to JIRA.

I have a request from my team members to send some requirement types from Atlas to JIRA as epics and some requirement types to JIRA as tasks.  Is this possible?  As I understand it the requirements create a story in Rhythm and that story is what is actually linked to a item in JIRA.  I was trying to think if there was a creative way to set up Connect to know what type the source requirement was and then create the JIRA items based on that type but I am not sure if that information flow through and can be used in Connect.  Is this possible? 

On scenarios requested from my team members was:

• If the type is requirement in Atlas then create a task in JIRA 
  • If the type is user story in Atlas then create an epic in JIRA

A second scenario posed by my team members was (probably more complicated):

• Create an epic in JIRA for a plan created in Atlas
  • Create tasks in JIRA for each requirement included in the Atlas plan and assign those tasks to the epic created from the plan
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.