Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
RavenArens
New Member.

Filter on Open Discussion items

Jump to solution

Is there a mechanism to filter on open discussion items?  I would love to be able to pull a report together for my project that still has open discussions that need to be reviewed or closed out.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: Filter on Open Discussion items

Jump to solution
OK, I'll leave out the parts how to get the CPC and how to access Atlas projects with it...

Within the CPC, the steps are as follows:
1) Open project in CPC
2) Go to type "Topic" and switch to "List Display"
3) Create a query (e.g. right-click on list header row) to only show open discussions:
-> "Parent Object ID" = -1 AND "Status" = "Active"
4) In Menu Topic | Reports run the "Classic" report "Links" with scope "Select All"
5) Note the "Item ID" in the generated report, decrease the ID value by one and enter this in the "Find Requirements" field in Atlas
3 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution
Hi Ellen.

This is currently not possible within the Atlas UI.

However, there is a way to create such a report if you're prepared to use another (native) client that accesses the underlying Hub data directly (StarTeam CPC).
It involves several steps to initially prepare the data filter - but afterwards you'd have a flexible, adaptable way to generate this and comparable reports.
Are familiar with the CPC and/or would using it be an applicable workaround for you?
In that case we can provide you with the steps on how to get this data using the CPC...

Best Regards,
Dominique.
0 Likes
Highlighted
RavenArens
New Member.

Jump to solution
Yes, I'm fairly familiar with the CPC and would be happy if that was a work around that we can use.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution
OK, I'll leave out the parts how to get the CPC and how to access Atlas projects with it...

Within the CPC, the steps are as follows:
1) Open project in CPC
2) Go to type "Topic" and switch to "List Display"
3) Create a query (e.g. right-click on list header row) to only show open discussions:
-> "Parent Object ID" = -1 AND "Status" = "Active"
4) In Menu Topic | Reports run the "Classic" report "Links" with scope "Select All"
5) Note the "Item ID" in the generated report, decrease the ID value by one and enter this in the "Find Requirements" field in Atlas
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.