Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

2018.11 CMS Windows page authentication brings to a customer (?) login

microfocuscms.jpgHello Support,

I'm trying to download the new CMS 2018.11 at this url:

https://software.microfocus.com/en-us/products/configuration-management-system-database/free-trial

but when I try to log in to authenticate I'm redirected to this page (see image)

Can you please check and fix ?

thanks

Roberto

0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: 2018.11 CMS Windows page authentication brings to a customer (?) login

Hello Roberto,

we're glad that you're curious about the upcoming release but it's not yet released hence the 2018.11 version. It's due to be released only in November.

The URL indicates the 08.11 version but it's not yet available. you will have to wait for a few weeks.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks for the prompt answer.

Anyway the issue is present since weeks now ,even when the 2018.08 download links where there

and the redirection happens at all levels of the portal, but if you think that this is normal ...fine with me 😄

cheers

Roberto

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Looking closer to the redirected URL, that's not a MF URL so it has to be from your corporate network.
Do you have a proxy or transparent proxy? Some special sniffing tools for various threats?

Can you access the URL from your mobile phone? (this would be from outside of your netwrok as you will use the 4G carrier network)

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Tried 3 browsers ,2 proxy and also connecting in lte from phone same problem.

To me it seems a microfocus problem but if you tried and you cannot reproduce I will trust you.

thanks

Roberto

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Capture.PNGI can connect but it has to be due to my email address. Even if I can access it then this is a problem 🙂

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Account_Closed
Not applicable

Hi Johnc,
You can anticipate what improvements this new version CMS 2018.11 brings before the CMS version 2018.08
In a week I am scheduled to implement the CMS 2018.08
Is it worth waiting for CMS 2018.11? or is it a risk to implement such a new product?

Thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I can't disclose the new features but I can say that 4 of them are close to me, let's say favorites.
My best suggestion is to go for the 2018.08 implementation and deploy 2018.11 in a dev env.
For discovery purposes you can even deploy the 2018.11 probe on the same machine where the 2018.08 probe is working.

It all depends on your project and specifics, difficult to provide clear answer.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Account_Closed
Not applicable

Thank you,
I will be anxious about the launch day to read these improvements.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Bogdan,

can you just tell me if the SAM-X module will be starting to be implemented in this version? 😉

thanks

Roberto

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

It's not the correct month to provide information about it 😉

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.