Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

A_GLOBAL_ID column in ROOT_1 table is null in CMDB

I am  trying to relate softwares with their corresponding hosts in CMDB for which I am writing a query that joins INSTALLED_SOFTWARE_1 view with ROOT_1 view ON INSTALLED_SOFTWARE_1.A_ROOT_CONTAINER = ROOT_1.A_GLOBAL_ID.

But A_GLOBAL_ID column is null in ROOT_1 table. I thought ROOT_1 table stores global ID for all objects and can not be null.

What could be the reason for A_GLOBAL_ID to be null ?

Do I need to enable any setting in HP UD to populate this column?

Is there any other column in ROOT_1 or other table that could be used in place of A_GLOBAL_ID

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.