Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

ACE loadbalancer layer 2 discovery(VIP level discovery) on uCMDB 10.01

HI,

Can anyone help me to understand if uCMDB can discover ACE Loadbalancer VIP modules or Virtual context.
I am able to discover 1st level of discovery and Admin(Physical) ACE is discovered but I am unable to get the VIP level info.

This is very important for me as I have to create a Impact relationships graph for the client and need to give the best possible impact relationship solution.

Without VIP level discovery, It will not be possible to create a application level relationship.

Thank you
Devesh

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: ACE loadbalancer layer 2 discovery(VIP level discovery) on uCMDB 10.01

Hi,

I don't think that there is OOTB adapter which will alow you to discover ACE configuration. You could try running Cisco CSS discovery, but I doubt it will show all the data.

You will probably have to develop your own adapter. You could try SNMP discovery, reading values from CISCO-ENHANCED-SLB-MIB or terminal connection and parsing of "show run".

regards

Gregory

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Hi Gregory,

I did the same and able to discover the ACE Loadbalancer primary context but my requirement is to discover the Virtual context and configured VIP in the each load balancer in order to get the perfect relationship and impact analysis.

I did raise a case with HP for my requirement did not receive any update. 

regds,

Devesh

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Hi All,

Hp has created an ER# for the issue, here is the ER# number in case you find the similar issue, please follow the ER#.

QCCR1H84361

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.