Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

AD-UCMDB Integration-Users within the Group are not being Populated

We have successfully Integrated AD and UCMDB.   Upon Testing the connection from JMX Console we are seeing the Groups from AD, but “Has Members” column shows false.   And we are unable to populate any members of the groups to UCMDB.    Below is the screenshot of the JMX Console LDAP Test Connection and the Members present in the AD.    

We have tried various options of entering the Distinguished Name as well as Filters.  Yet we are unable to get the “Has Members” column to show true.   Would you please help us to resolve the issue.  Do let us know if any further details are required. 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: AD-UCMDB Integration-Users within the Group are not being Populated

I saw the same thing, though if the group had fewer than 10 or so members, the integration showed the 10 members.  I tried various settings, but nothing worked.  So I gave up.

In my situation, all users had the same browser view.  It didn't matter that user in group 1 saw the reports in group 2 and vice versa.  I created a default user/role, which gave the users access.  LDAP let users in and they had access to the reports.

That was the best I could do.

Mel

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: AD-UCMDB Integration-Users within the Group are not being Populated

Don't look so much at the column "has members". For my system, it gives me false, but I am able to map the LDAP/AD group to a local UCMDB one and have proper role assignment.

In the "LDAP Mapping" panel, there is a button "Show users" which tells you if the group has members.

Regards,

Petko

Likes are appreciated!
Tags (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.