Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

AM on SQL 2019 integration error: SSL SQLSTate: 08001

Hello forum,

We try to integrate our 2020.08 UCMDB with AM 2.70 on SQL 2019. We can reach the target SQL outside of UCMDB with the native driver, with the latest odbc abd with jtdc 1.3.1, but for some old odbc driver (oob for server 2016 i think) we were getting the same error with what we see in our probe. Discovery of that SQL via discovery connection job fails as well. We tried to put newer drivers ewerywhere - no luck. Anyone can help with it? 

UI error for "testing connection" for that integration point:

com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.request.ProbeSideProcessorException: [ErrorCode [802] General
Integration Error{Test}]
Test ConnectionFailed
please check probe error log for the details.

probe-error.log (sorry for cyrillic):

Caused by: Error (12 001): Ошибка ODBC: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets]Ошибка безопасности SSL SQLSTate: 08001
ODBC: не удается подключиться к базе данных «AMDS-af2f396ae9f991a23c43a8198» (код пользователя=«sa»)
Не удается подключиться к этой СУБД.

at com.peregrine.ac.api.AmApi97JNI.AmGetConnection(Native Method)
at com.peregrine.ac.api.AmApi97.AmGetConnection(AmApi97.java:155)
at com.peregrine.ac.api.AmApi.getConnection(AmApi.java:92)
at com.peregrine.ac.api.AmApi.startTransaction(AmApi.java:941)
... 42 more

Thank you,

Dima

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Dima,

You have to check the error message from the last caused by to understand the root cause. It seems related to ssl. I would recommend to check if the connection works without ssl in order to be sure is not a driver issue and only a ssl configuration issue. 

Check if TLS 1.2 is enabled. You can try to disable it as a temporary workaround. 

If the error message is SSL Security error SQLSTate: 08001". that means SQL driver can not connect to DB for SSL issues. Adapter just use odbc to connect to AM DB. could you check if the odbc works on local client?

If you cannot overcome the issue I suggest to submit ticket to the AM since  the error message is thrown by AM. It might be a known issue.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hello Gabi!

Unfortunately so far i could not find out how to disable tls or SSL in sql, not sure if it is possible. BUT actually it looks like we have another environment with SQL 2019  where the process seems to fail a bit futher. So it makes the sitiation more and more strange. 

About this thing, could you pelase elaborate? 

---

If the error message is SSL Security error SQLSTate: 08001". that means SQL driver can not connect to DB for SSL issues. Adapter just use odbc to connect to AM DB. could you check if the odbc works on local client?

---

We do not configure ODBC link anywhere in AM adapter anywhere, or I'm wrong? If we setup ODBC driver and setup ODBC link outside of UCMDB, there's an option to link it? We did find few other jar drivers, but it looksl ike we could not link them to AM adapter...

Indeed with the latest ODBC the link is known to work.

Thank you!

Dima

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Gabi,

I can confirm now - updating odbc driver at probe side does not help. I've installed odbc x64 driver, setup x64 odbc link to SQL - it works fine. Then restarted the probe and pressed 'test connection' - no luck, exactly the same error 😞

thanks,

Dima

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi again,

Looks like we've got it fixed by network / system administrator at customer's side. I'll try to get more details and share.

Thanks,

Dima

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

They say it was corrected by enabling des  ciphers via iiscrypto tool  🙂

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Dima,

I am glad that you managed to fix it. Basically the TLS1.2 is enforced by the SQL Server which is the server and the probe is the client. During the handshake the server usually enforces the client to use specific ssl configuration like ciphers etc.

Thanks for sharing. You can submit to the AM team an ER to add  troubleshooting steps for SSL.

Have a great week.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.