Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

ATTENTION: Online Expert Day on UCMDB on June 17-18, 2014!

Hello Members,

UCMDB is hosting an Online Expert Day on June 17-18, 2014!  Mark this on your calendars!

We would like to invite you to join us in this forum on June 17-18 when HP product Experts will be online for 24 hours to answer any questions regarding ANY TOPIC!

What is an Online Expert Day?

An Online Expert Day is an event when HP product, R&D, Support team members, and other employees join our online forums to answer your toughest technical questions.  Online Expert Days give you a chance to talk directly with the HP Experts!

How does the Online Expert Day event work?

Starting on June 17th at 02:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time / 05:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time / 09:00 AM Greenwich Mean Time, log in to this forum and create new posts to ask your questions

The Online Expert Day will end on June 18th at 02:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time / 05:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time / 09:00 AM Greenwich Mean Time.

HP Experts will be online for 24 hours in the forum and will do their best to answer your questions. They may need to get some more information from you so please check the box "email me when someone replies".  An online conversation will be born!

If you have questions regarding the Online Expert Day event, please reply to this message.

For upcoming Online Expert Days, please bookmark the HP Software Online Support Services - Forum events  page.

We look forward to your attendance and your questions!

Regards,

Michelle

HP Software Online Support Services

21 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: ATTENTION: Online Expert Day on UCMDB on June 17-18, 2014!

hello

i want to run SCCM intergration with UCMDB 10.10

the SCCM database is configured for user AD authentication only , not local acount

i put my credential in " generic DB protocl"   but on the MSSQL serveur i have this error:

06/12/2014 09:34:44,Logon,Unknown,Login failed for user 'adp-nt\ucmdb-service'. Reason: An attempt to login using SQL authentication failed. Server is configured for Windows authentication only. [CLIENT: 10.60.134.14]

i try  MSSQLServer, MSSQServer NTLM , MSSQLServer NTLMv2  .....  but it's the same error

if you have any idea ...

thanks for help

Best regard

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi ,

we have a problem installing uCMDB 10.10 environment (two different windows 2008 R2 server ) on our customer network environment ; With a different Oracle server 11.2 it seems that the first time uCMDB server connects to the schema create all objects correctly but restarting ucmdb service (second time ) it gives error and the service doesn't start ( memory allocates only about 620 Mb and no services goes up ) : 

here log from cmdb.dal :

2014-05-30 11:55:02,725 [Controller] ERROR Sql exception occurred. Details:
SQL error executing statement select * from URM_RESOURCES where CUSTOMER_ID=?. The exceptions in the chain:
Cause (1): java.sql.SQLException: [mercury][Oracle JDBC Driver]Operation cancelled by user request.
Stack trace (1):
java.sql.SQLException: [mercury][Oracle JDBC Driver]Operation cancelled by user request.
at com.mercury.jdbc.oraclebase.ddcr.b(Unknown Source)

2014-05-30 11:55:02,772 [Controller] INFO 0ms N/A SELECT REVISION FROM HA_REVISIONS WHERE MODEL_ID = 'URM_customerId_1'
2014-05-30 11:55:02,787 [Controller] INFO 0ms N/A select * from URM_RESOURCES where CUSTOMER_ID=?; Values: 1

2014-05-30 11:55:02,928 [Controller] ERROR Sql exception occurred. Details:
SQL error executing statement select * from URM_RESOURCES where CUSTOMER_ID=?. The exceptions in the chain:
Cause (1): java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: [mercury][Oracle JDBC Driver]Internal error: Net8 protocol error

it seems an error due to jdbc driver that has a problem when it request the query from the db : select * from URM_RESOURCES where CUSTOMER_ID=1 , we noticed that this is a big data query (about 1 Gb of data )

network administrators ensure that no firewall and no package network rule which limits the size of transfer  between the two servers

- we have disinstalled the antivirus in both servers

- We installed for the development enviroment ucmdb server and Oracle DB on the same machine, and this has no problems and everything works well.

- We have alreay opened a ticket to HP support more than a month ago, but also after several webex no solution was found for our case

- Do you experienced a similar problem in others environments?

- Is there a way to trace the jdbc driver?

- Is there a configuration to load this query data in different way?

Thank you

We hope you can give us a line guide for investigating the problem.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor..
Visitor..

Hi

I want to migrate from 9.05 to 10.10. Wich is the best strategy for a quick and secure operation?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi meyer-ADP,

If the log entry you’ve posted is from the DB server, then the problem is obvious, you’re trying to login with SQL credentials on a DB server that only accepts NT authentication.

The SCCM Adapter is not configured OODB to work with NTLM authentication (I don’t know if it’s even supported), so in this case the authentication won’t work because of improper configuration on adapter side.

You have to options:

1)      Change the DB Server to allow SQL authentication

2)      Configure the SCCM with NTLM as follow (you can find this steps in the DeveloperReference document also)

1. make sure you have the persistence xml proper created. Here is my example. There is another one in developer Reference guide

<persistence xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence"

xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"

xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence

http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_1_0.xsd"

version="1.0">

<persistence-unit name="GenericDBAdapter">

<properties>

<!--The driver class name"/-->

<property name="hibernate.connection.driver_class" value="net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver"/>

<property name="hibernate.connection.url" value="jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://ucmdbcpe1-1:1433;DatabaseName=sms;domain=ucmdb.ro"/>

<!--DB login credentials"/-->

<property name="hibernate.connection.username" value="Administrator"/>

<property name="hibernate.connection.password" value="P@ssw0rd"/>     

</properties>

</persistence-unit>

</persistence>

and set dal.use.persistence.xml=true

2. Place the JDBC driver file under: <probe installation folder>\lib\.

I put jtds-1.3.1.jar from http://sourceforge.net/projects/jtds/files/ in the fodler mentioned there.

And you should have an SQL server in your domain 🙂

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

hi florinV

thanks for your help

i change  the " persistence.xml " with my credential  and domain

i put the .jar in the lib folder

but i have always the same error when i try  " test connection "

best regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor..
Visitor..

Hi

From UCMDB JMX console, UCMDB section, select

UCMDB:service=Multiple CMDB Instances Services

setAsGlobalIdGeneratorForScopes

Sets the global id generator scopes

Description for scopes: Scopes - comma/space/semicolon separated. "All" for all scopes.

What is the meaning of “scopes” – ip range, Global ID range, CITypes ?

Best Regards,

Sergey

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi meyer-ADP,

Just make sure, you put the jar file in the lib folder on the probe side, righ? Have you restarted the probe?

Thanks,
F
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

hi florinV

yes of course i restart the dataprobe after  copy the lib.jar

for me the problem is not in the SMS adpater but in the genericDBprotocol ...

if i try the " test connection " on a mssql databse with local user  the test is good !

any idea ?

best regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Meyer,

What is the format of the user you've used? Can you login with that user on the DB server using the SQL Management Studio?
The local user exists only on the local machine, right? Have you used the domain in the user name, e.g. domain\user ?

Regards,
Florin
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Florin

Can you login with that user on the DB server using the SQL Management Studio?

yes i can open the database with my  AD account  on SQL Management Studio

What is the format of the user you've used

i try :

domain\user

user@domain

The local user exists only on the local machine, right?

no there is no local user on the MSSQL SCCM database  only  the account user@domain  with read acces  on the SCCM database

Have you used the domain in the user name, e.g. domain\user ?

yes , in the anwser before

regards

Vincent

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi Experts,

We are trying to discover server to switch connectivity which is layer2 connectivity.

We are able to execute layer2 connectivity jobs and discovery required server->switch connectivity and switch->switch connectivity on SNMP V2 version using a read only community string. But unfortunately we are not able to execute the same on SNMP V3 devices.

Below are the privileges we have for SNMP V3:

1. authNoPriv

2. MD5

I found no documentation regarding necessary priviliges required that needs to be configured on network devices in order to poll from UCMDB.

It woukd be highly appreciated if anyone can share the required priviliges/configurations that needs to be carried out in order to discovery layer2 connectivity.

Thanks and Regards,

Anil Kumar M

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.