Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

About Groups of CI

Jump to solution

Dear Hp team and members.

We use  HP UCMDB and we have 1 question.

I added 300 CI (users pc)  .

And  i need to sort it in the groups.

I want the sorting type like Departments like OU (organization units) in AD 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: About Groups of CI

Jump to solution

Either insert them one by one by using the "New CI" feature of the IT Universe Manager, creating new CIs of type "netprinter", or else build a CSV file containing all of your Net Printers and create an Integration Point (Import Topology from CSV file) using that file as input. Another solution would be to use an XLS spreadsheet in combination with the "Import Topology from Excel workbook" Integration Point adapter, where creation of relationships becomes a possibility. You might also consider using a Jython pattern to pull and process this data. Then there's also Connect-It and other ETL solutions, which use the UCMDB API to push/pull/transform data. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Can you refine your requirement more

Did you manually create the User CI's in uCMDB?, and looking to Map them to Group CI Type?

Rather build a Connect-It Scenario to do the work for you, or build a Generic DB Adapter to pull in the information if its in a Database somewhere

You can then during the import build the relationships, or use Enrichment afterwards that would create the relationships

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I already fixed this issue.

I created the views with name of each departament an added ci's in the needed view.

But now i need to add all our network printers to this system.

How can i do this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Either insert them one by one by using the "New CI" feature of the IT Universe Manager, creating new CIs of type "netprinter", or else build a CSV file containing all of your Net Printers and create an Integration Point (Import Topology from CSV file) using that file as input. Another solution would be to use an XLS spreadsheet in combination with the "Import Topology from Excel workbook" Integration Point adapter, where creation of relationships becomes a possibility. You might also consider using a Jython pattern to pull and process this data. Then there's also Connect-It and other ETL solutions, which use the UCMDB API to push/pull/transform data. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

You could use Regex to create groups in view based on any attributes. Details in admin documentation.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thank you.

I opened snmp on all every printer and the system show all priters success

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.