Absent Member.. NoahM Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Adapters with Empty Triggered CI Data

Jump to solution

I seem to have encountered a problem that occures when I create an adapter that refers to Triggered CI Data that isn't always available. For example, I want to know in the Triggered CI Data if the Tag name given to the server has been updated, and only update the CMDB (and thus refresh the last_modified timestamp) if the value has indeed changed.

In the cases where the triggered CI has that value set already, it works just fine.

In the cases where the triggered CI doesn't have that value set already, it bombs out with the below error.

Instead of bombing out, why doesn't it just return "None" to my jython script so I then know to update the value?

The work-around requires me to have 2 adapters running the same python code, which is annoying.

* 1 Adapter has a TQL for those things where the host_tag is set.

* The 2nd Adapter has a TQL for those things where the host_tag is not set (and the Triggered CI Data also is not set).

Error processing trigger CI {nt @ 7950b962bfa4494e5d26aed3578b434b} @ [(string-root_class:nt), (string-host_tag:[Empty CMDB property value]), (string-global_id:7950b962bfa4494e5d26aed3578b434b)] for adapter Discover_Server_Tag, trigger CI is skipped.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member..

Re: Adapters with Empty Triggered CI Data

Jump to solution

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/uCMDB-Support-Customer-Forum/Framework-getTriggerCIDataAsList-how-to-get-list-of-attributes/td-p/5740981

That thread answered my question actually! I was having the very same problem, where NULL attributes can't be returned in the adapter without the ${SOURCE.host_tag:NA} being set (I was simply using ${SOURCE.host_tag}).

0 Likes
2 Replies
Adrian_David Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello Noah,

Can you show me how did you define the Trigger CI Data parameter for the host_tag when you are getting its value?

Regards,

Adrian

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/uCMDB-Support-Customer-Forum/Framework-getTriggerCIDataAsList-how-to-get-list-of-attributes/td-p/5740981

That thread answered my question actually! I was having the very same problem, where NULL attributes can't be returned in the adapter without the ${SOURCE.host_tag:NA} being set (I was simply using ${SOURCE.host_tag}).

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.