Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Agentless Scanning Schedules - suggestions or whitepapers

Is there anything published or any ideas in lieu of a document that suggests schedules for agentless scanning of Universal Discovery.  I find that I am constantly balancing IP's on probes and trying to setup the schedules to make the most use of the needed discoveries.  Maybe there's a ratio of Probes to IP's I am not aware of.

In addition, is there a way to make the Host Connection by SNMP run faster.  I would guess that making drastic changes in the queries are the way to go, but just seeing if there are some other methods out there that I may have not considered.

Has anyone come up with a reliable schedule or a way to balance number of IP's against the number of Data Flow Probes needed for a desired frequency?

Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.