Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Another Call Home Post

Ok, I'm trying to configure a data center range to use the Call Home feature and so far no luck.  I have the globalsetting.xml file configured to allow Call Home for data center ranges.  I think my trouble relates to this;  I am unable to ping within the data center range, so I need the call home to create a new IP address and then launch the host connection then inventory by scanner jobs.  Anybody have any ideas?  By the way, I've checked the dscagnt.log file and I can see that the agent is calling home.

Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Another Call Home Post

Call home wont create IP Address CIT. It will create a Call Home Event, Node and UDA CIT (see image):
Call Home Event TopologyCall Home Event Topology

If you can not ping the range then you should try to use the IP MAC Harvesting by SNMP job. It will then generate IP Address and Call Home CITs for the devices discovered in the switches ARP cache. You will also need to run UDA Status Collector or Host Connection by Shell job in order to create the Shell / UDA CITs. You should then have the 3 requisite CITs for running the Inventory Discovery by Scanner job: Node, IP address, Shell / UDA.

You w ill still need to run the Call Home Processing job in order to update the Application IP Address on the UDA CIT and also to trigger parked UD jobs such as Inventory Discovery by Scanner.

For the IP MAC Harvesting by SNMP job be sure to enable IsCollectDataCenterIP (true).

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.