Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Another Discovery question

Jump to solution

I am running error reports to investigate items where we are missing credentials. I am looking at 2 jobs at this point, Host Connection by SNMP and Host Connection by Shell.

Looking at the Host Connection by SNMP error list, I have items where the error is "Connection Failed". However if I search for these IP addresses in UCMDB I find the items discovered as Windows Servers. I was under the impression that if an item was discovered by a job (Host Connection by Shell) then it would not be attempted by the next job.

Is there a way for me to correct this issue so the errors stop happening?

Every one of these items is a Windows 2000 server

On a side note.  Is there anyway to tell the system not to scan a particular subnet with a particular protocol or discovery job?

Thanks in advance

Roger

Roger
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Another Discovery question

Jump to solution

Hello Roger,

The trigger instances of any jobs are according tot he Trigger TQL. If you want to change this behaviour you must tune your Trigger TQL and restrict it to certain ranges.

Regards,

Adrian

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Another Discovery question

Jump to solution

Hello Roger,

The trigger instances of any jobs are according tot he Trigger TQL. If you want to change this behaviour you must tune your Trigger TQL and restrict it to certain ranges.

Regards,

Adrian

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.