Highlighted
New Member.

Apache Tomcat Discovery

UCMDB 10.2 CUP1.545 Content Pack 15.01.143

I am trying to discover Apache Tomcat by Shell and am getting the folloing error when I run the job:

<< Progress message, Severity: Error>>
Failed to discover Apache Tomcat. See logs

From communication log:

&lt;/Server&gt;ERROR_CODE:0]</RESULT>
    </EXEC>
    <log start="15:36:44" severity="debug">Creating configuration file /data/tcServer/instances/QuoteServices1A1/conf/server.xml</log>
    <log start="15:36:44" severity="debug">Found jdbc datasource UserDatabase driver None url None</log>
    <log start="15:36:44" severity="debug">Found datasource UserDatabase</log>
    <log start="15:36:44" severity="debug">Loading Jdbc resources from /data/tcServer/instances/QuoteServices1A1/conf/context.xml</log>
    <log start="15:36:44" severity="debug">Getting content of /data/tcServer/instances/QuoteServices1A1/conf/context.xml</log>
    <EXEC start="15:36:44" duration="0">
        <CMD>[CDATA&colon; cat /data/tcServer/instances/QuoteServices1A1/conf/context.xml ; echo ERROR_CODE:$?]</CMD>
        <RESULT>[CDATA&colon; &lt;?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?&gt;
&lt;Context&gt;
&lt;/Context&gt;ERROR_CODE:0]</RESULT>
    </EXEC>
    <log start="15:36:44" severity="debug">Found service Catalina</log>
    <log start="15:36:44" severity="debug">Failed to parse:/data/tcServer/instances/QuoteServices1A1/conf/server.xml</log>
    <log start="15:36:44" severity="info">Execution current time:2015/04/20 15:36:44</log>
</execution>

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Apache Tomcat Discovery

Please check that the user used for discovery ahs access to /data/tcServer/instances/QuoteServices1A1/co​nf/server.xml .

Check if you use "sudo" is required...

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: Apache Tomcat Discovery

The job is creating the server.xml ConfigurationDocument CI type, and I can see the document content when I view the properties.  Wouldn't that indicate it has access to the file?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.