Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Application Environment - uCMDB

Jump to solution

Hello,

In the company we have different applications environments, like production, tests, development, … and I need to classify it.

In the ucmdb which is the best CI Type to make a manual registry and next make the relationship manually?

I would like to create the CIs Production, Tests, Development,… all the applications (Business Application) will be connected on them.

I didn’t find anything about environment applications in the CI Types details.

The best practices recommend something about it?

Best Regards,

Mariana Einsfeldt

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Application Environment - uCMDB

Jump to solution
Hi,

I had the same question.

You have 2 options.
1. You add custom attribute to BusinessApplication called "environment" for example that will hold information like "Production", "Test" etc.
2. Or in my case I created a custom CI Type under Configuration Item called "Environment" that has few CIs for each environment. Make sure you remove the qualifier ABSTRACT_CLASS from your new CI Type.

Regards,
Nick

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Application Environment - uCMDB

Jump to solution
Hi,

I had the same question.

You have 2 options.
1. You add custom attribute to BusinessApplication called "environment" for example that will hold information like "Production", "Test" etc.
2. Or in my case I created a custom CI Type under Configuration Item called "Environment" that has few CIs for each environment. Make sure you remove the qualifier ABSTRACT_CLASS from your new CI Type.

Regards,
Nick

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.