Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Application Recognition

Hi  Expert,

I am trying to  teach UD to recognize new application  from application analysis workbench  using application teaching on test DFProbe server.

Once I get all un recognized files and run recognition ->SAI teaching wizard  for scan file on Dataflow probe installed on test server , I entered all necessary details. and saved the same.

But want to know how to copy the same on prod Dataflowprobe server  as on prod Data flow probe server Inventory tools are corrupted.

How these recognition will be identified by UCMDB server. Please explain how it works in details.

Regards,
Nick

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Application Recognition

Hello Nick ,

I hope you are doing well .

Would you please send me the error that appear ?

Best Regards ,

Melissa Carranza Mejias
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hello

The SAI files are maintained on UCMDB server side, what you have on all probes are copies.

So the process for customerizes sai should like this:

1, use the SAI editor to teach, then save it to a user sai file

2, import the sai to the UCMDB with package manager.

3, Config the EnrichementSetting on UI and then the SAI would be dispatched to all probe automatically.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Supplementary info:

What I mentioned above is regular teach process. 

If you are using the "Express teaching", just jump the SAIEditor part.

The sai file could be automatically generated after "Express teaching"

And if the sai file is acitvated in the EnricherSettings, files would be dispatched to probe automatically.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

Thanks for he correct info.

I think t it is auto.zsai that need to import plz let know steps for enrichment setting

Regards,

Nick

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Nick,

UCMDB Server will deploy all the *.zsai files to the probes that connect to the server.

Once you teach some applications by Express Teaching Wizard, the sai files will be saved in UCMDB.
You should deploy the updates of sai files to probes .
And then you can reprocess scan files or rerun Inventory Discovery by Scanner job. XML Enricher will enrich the scan files that were created from the last Inventory Discovery job with information about those applications to make taught applications to be recognized .

Thanks.
Ivy
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

I created user.zsai file by analysis workbench by selecting few files and theaching about the application.

It is done on test data flow probe server by copying scan file manually since prbobe is not connected to UMCDB server intentionally.

I copied user.zsai to UCMDB server and from  UCMDB UI, user.zzsai file has been imported to software index pane but I found it is empty. But if I check the samee user.zsai on viewer  application get detected.

But unable to see any details of User.zsai  at UCMB UI.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Nick

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hello Nick ,

I hope you are doing well.

Like my coworker explained it is necessary use the SAI editor to teach, then save it to a user sai file.

Best Regards,

Melissa Carranza Mejias
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.