Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Asset Manager Install Software Push

I'm trying to push some installed_software to Asset Manager but I keep getting the following error:

I am on AM 9.31 with UD 10.01 

I have not made any change to the adapter. So I'm using the default flow. I was expecting it to fail for the first couple run so that integration can create the required model. But I've been re-running the job a lot of time now and still getting error. I checked AM and no new Model was created.

I'm not sure if i'm missing a step or not. The document didn't specify any pre-req or step for this job. 

Any advice?

jvm 2 | com.hp.ucmdb.adapters.ampush.exception.AMPushDataException: Target CI 'Complete_amModel-Parent[10005]' row is missing and reconciliation type is REFERENCE_ONLY
jvm 2 | at com.hp.ucmdb.adapters.ampush.push.PushDirector.insertOrUpdateNode(PushDirector.java:741)
jvm 2 | at com.hp.ucmdb.adapters.ampush.push.PushDirector.executeDependencyNodeTransaction(PushDirector.java:317)
jvm 2 | at com.hp.ucmdb.adapters.ampush.push.PushDirector.pushToAM(PushDirector.java:184)
jvm 2 | at com.hp.ucmdb.adapters.ampush.AMPushAdapter.pushTreeNodes(AMPushAdapter.java:76)
jvm 2 | at com.hp.ucmdb.adapters.push.InstancePushAdapter.pushToRemoteDataSource(InstancePushAdapter.java:223)
jvm 2 | at com.hp.ucmdb.adapters.push.InstancePushAdapter.internalUpdateData(InstancePushAdapter.java:97)
jvm 2 | at com.hp.ucmdb.adapters.push.PushAdapter.internalUpdateData(PushAdapter.java:110)
jvm 2 | at com.hp.ucmdb.adapters.push.PushAdapter.updateData(PushAdapter.java:99)
jvm 2 | at com.hp.ucmdb.dataAccess.manager.DirectBasicDataAdapterWrapper.updateData(DirectBasicDataAdapterWrapper.java:409)
jvm 2 | at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
jvm 2 | at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
jvm 2 | at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
jvm 2 | at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
jvm 2 | at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.processor.GenericPushProbeRequestProcessor.processRequest(GenericPushProbeRequestProcessor.java:36)
jvm 2 | at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.processor.GenericPushProbeRequestProcessor.processRequest(GenericPushProbeRequestProcessor.java:13)
jvm 2 | at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.processor.AbstractProbeProcessor.process(AbstractProbeProcessor.java:54)
jvm 2 | at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.processor.AbstractProbeProcessor.process(AbstractProbeProcessor.java:17)
jvm 2 | at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.adhoctasks.AdHocProbeRequestOperation.performAction(AdHocProbeRequestOperation.java:59)
jvm 2 | at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.taskdispatcher.AdHocTaskDispatcher.dispatchTask(AdHocTaskDispatcher.java:73)
jvm 2 | at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor75.invoke(Unknown Source)
jvm 2 | at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
jvm 2 | at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
jvm 2 | at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMBeanIntrospector.invokeM2(StandardMBeanIntrospector.java:111)
jvm 2 | at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMBeanIntrospector.invokeM2(StandardMBeanIntrospector.java:45)
jvm 2 | at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanIntrospector.invokeM(MBeanIntrospector.java:235)
jvm 2 | at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.PerInterface.invoke(PerInterface.java:138)
jvm 2 | at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanSupport.invoke(MBeanSupport.java:250)
jvm 2 | at javax.management.StandardMBean.invoke(StandardMBean.java:405)
jvm 2 | at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:819)
jvm 2 | at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:791)
jvm 2 | at javax.management.MBeanServerInvocationHandler.invoke(MBeanServerInvocationHandler.java:305)
jvm 2 | at org.springframework.jmx.access.MBeanClientInterceptor.doInvoke(MBeanClientInterceptor.java:405)
jvm 2 | at org.springframework.jmx.access.MBeanClientInterceptor.invoke(MBeanClientInterceptor.java:353)
jvm 2 | at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
jvm 2 | at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)
jvm 2 | at $Proxy87.dispatchTask(Unknown Source)
jvm 2 | at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probegw.managementtasks.adhoctasks.AdhocThread.run(AdhocThread.java:54)
jvm 2 | at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:599)
jvm 2 | at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:534)
jvm 2 | at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Asset Manager Install Software Push

You need to be sure that your AM is defult (which is very rare case). In all other cases, integration needs to be adjusted.

IN my opinon, it's not enough info to sugest something specific... 😞

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Our AM is also default. Nothing had been change yet.

What other info do you need? Any general guide line that I should watch for to root cause?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Please be sure that you went over documentation for the integration at the bottom of integration Page on HP SSO at http://support.openview.hp.com/sc/solutions/integrations.jsp?intid=616.

There are some mandatory steps in  Set Up Asset Manager for Push at p. 95 of "Discovery and Integration Content Guide - Integrations".

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
0 Likes
Highlighted

Yea I've done those step.

I've been looking at the mapping and I think integration is inable to create model on the fly because these two attibute is missing?

<variable name="parentBarCode" datatype="STRING"

value="AMPushFunctions.getSoftwareBarCode(DynamicMapHolder, Root['sai_version_id'], Root['software_category_id'])"/>
<variable name="vInventoryKey" datatype="STRING" value="'PDI|' + Root['sai_version_id']"/>

In our ucmdb these two variable are not present in any of the installed software.  SAI_version_id is something produce by DDMI? What abou the software_category_id?

We are using DDMA. Is there another way to get these attibute? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Any idea on how I can get these two attribute? sai_version_id and software_category_id ??

We are using DDMA and have no interest in using DDMI. Discovery doesnt discovered these two attribute. 

Is it possible to use some other attribute instead of these two?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Any thought? Is it possible to get Sai_version_id and software_category_id without using DDMI??? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Asset Manager has specific requirements for data. It should be populated either by DDMi connected directly or from UD by running inventory discovery. The whole point of integrating DDMi and DDMa into one product was to have an option to have both worlds...

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.