Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Attributes to differentiate between Desktop and Laptop

Dear Experts.

This has been very common question with most of the customers.

Why Laptop has been catgorized as Desktop?.

Primary IP Address is not an attribute for WIndows/Unix CI Type.

Regards

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Attributes to differentiate between Desktop and Laptop

To the best of my knowledge we use only the desktop/server classification in uCMDB, which is based on OS information returned,  Laptops are categorized as desktops based on this gathered OS information.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Did my previous reply address your question?  If so please mark it as a solution so that other members can benefit from it. If not, then please let me know.

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

The category of a device is decided by it's discoveyred attribute. In this case, it's decided by discovered OS.

So it's normal that there is difference between humain understanding.

For example, if we've a very powerful laptop with same OS/software as a server, it would be categorized as Server by our product.

The concept of primary Ip is still not very clear. It's hard to decide the primary ip some time.

As practical suggestion, I think it's better to use the applicaion_ip of the UDA ci.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.