Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

BSM&UCMDB integration service cause DDM can't start.

Issue brief: BSM&UCMDB integration service caused DDM can't start.

Environment: Windows 2008 R2+(BSM9.23, BSM's RTSM:9.05);(UCMDB+DDM Probe10.10 on the same server)

Issue description:

We have both DDM& UCMDB on the same server, And we also need do the intetration between BSM&UCMDB.

It means that we have to keep the ucmdb_integration_service and DDM and UCMDB on the same machine.

This will cause DDM probe can't start.

I tried to adjust conflicts ports like1742->31742, 80->30080, 1977->31977, but the ddm probe status in UCMDB is still disconnected.

And in the DDM log, still can see conflict info and can't connect to UCMDB Server:

WARNING: FAILED SelectChannelConnector@0.0.0.0:80 FAILED: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind

Question:

When DDM& UCMDB are on the same machine, How can I let DDM work? do I need adjust anything else, i.e., other ports and etc?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: BSM&UCMDB integration service cause DDM can't start.

Simply stop UCMDB integration service and this will let DDM works cause DDM and Integration service listen to the same port.
Also it's recommended to install UCMDB and DDM on separate servers
Haytham Hosny
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Thanks.

I know this work- round.

If I can't find other way to make ddm& integration job work together on the same UCMDB Server Machine,

I will switch this work-round.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

In case the only reason to have DDM probe is integration with BSM use integration service, otherwise move the probe to the different server. It's not supported configuration.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I'm clear now that BSM-UCMDB integration service and UCMDB DataFow Probe can't exist on the same server.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

UCMDB 10.10 is installing Integration Service. This is DDM probe that could use UCMDB DB (not installing separate PostgreSQL). It couldn't co-exist with DDM probe. Integration Service could only run (not-Jython based) integration jobs.

If you're planing discovery, please install DDM probe on other server. You could also stop Integration Service (There is no need to have both), but be advise that this si not supported to have UCMDB and DDM probe on the same machine. Trying to use this aaproach futher from Dev environment could be a problem.

Hope this helps.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.