Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Basic discoveries to be run

Jump to solution

Hello uCMDB Experts,

Not that long I started with uCMDB (10.01) and I wanted to know what are the basics for the discoveries to be run?

Which discovery should I start with?

In which sort?

How often?

Are those already documented somewhere?

Please advise.and thanks beforehand for your feedback,

Regards,

BM

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Basic discoveries to be run

Jump to solution

Hi,

Aging is by default enabled, you don't need to do anything else.

The CP guide yes it's in the discovery Modules from server side

x:\hp\UCMDB\UCMDBServer\deploy\cp-docs\docs\eng\pdfs

and the DataFlowManagement guide is

x:\hp\UCMDB\UCMDBServer\deploy\ucmdb-docs\docs\eng\pdfs

Regards,

Diana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Bruno,

Please check the dataFlowManagement guide and the content pack guide for any specific job you would be interested in.

Usually the ucmdb discoveries are based on a spiral model:  you need to start with discovering the IPs(you need to have them added into the range), then based on those IPs to discover the nodes with Host connection then using the shell as trigger going further and discover the resources and applications running on those nodes and so on.  In the content pack guide for mostly all jobs you have prerequisites, what protocol you need for it to run, what citypes it will discover, what permissions you need, what jobs you need to run prior to this one, etc....

For how often, that depends on the data you want to bring and how often you need to update it. Data that it's not touched in ucmdb will be deleted by the aging process( 40 days) , so you need to have them scheduled.

Let us know if there is a specific job or information you are interested in discovering?

Regards,

Diana

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello Diana,

Thanks for your feedback.

Where can I find "dataFlowManagement guide and the content pack guide"? on the Probe server (I checked but anything was found) or on the server?

Can you guide me with the path? maybe this file --> HP_UCMDB_DICG_Discovery_Modules.pdf

Or maybe it can be found in the menu/help?

About "Data that it's not touched in ucmdb will be deleted by the aging process( 40 days)": is this something that is working as designed with this specific setting or should we configure it and set the aging history?

Thanks again for your great Expert support.

Regards,

BM

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Aging is by default enabled, you don't need to do anything else.

The CP guide yes it's in the discovery Modules from server side

x:\hp\UCMDB\UCMDBServer\deploy\cp-docs\docs\eng\pdfs

and the DataFlowManagement guide is

x:\hp\UCMDB\UCMDBServer\deploy\ucmdb-docs\docs\eng\pdfs

Regards,

Diana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thank you Diana

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.