Highlighted
Visitor.

Branding and UCMDB GUI appearance

Hi Experts,

1. Is it possible to brand UCMDB GUI in the same way the UCMDB Browser GUI can be branded (e.g. using icons, putting banner on all screens, not only on logon screen)?
  2. Is it possible to change the background colour in UCMDB GUI?
  3. It is possible to change the background colour in the UCMDB Browser to black or white. Is it possible to change it to a custom defined colour?

Regards

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: Branding and UCMDB GUI appearance

Yes we can do the web customization. we can change the logo and background colour for login page.

Regards,

Prasad

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Branding and UCMDB GUI appearance

Out of the box there are limited branding options, for example by setting titles through the Infrastructure Manager. Additionally you can modify the login_page.jsp file located in <SERVER ROOT>/deploy/ucmdb-ui as well as the referenced logo image in <SERVER ROOT>/deploy/ucmdb-ui/static/images. Setting the background colour in the GUI is not possible, I think, because the GUI is served as a Java Applet. You can however change the header bar. I think. I believe it is possible to change the icons representing the CI types, I believe they're located in <SERVER ROOT>/deploy/ucmdb-ui/static/images/gui/mam_images/gui/images/classes/icons.

Sorry for the "I believe"'s but it's been a while since I had to do any rebranding. Did it for v9. Don't know if it works the same for 10x. I believe it will though 🙂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.