Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Business Elements Aging Out of uCMDB

I have several hundred business elements that were created using the XLS Import adapter.  Enable Aging is set to false on these CI types but on a couple of ocassions I've had serveral of them disappear from uCMDB and I can only assume they aged out.  I noticed on the Service Anywhere integration adapter configuration that the Enable Aging setting was "Always Enabled" so I set it to "System Default".  These CIs will not be discovered because they're logical CIs so they won't get accessed.  I only have the integration with Service Anywhere set up to do delta synchronization.  Do I need to set up a full synchronization to ensure that they don't get deleted?  I would assume that if the Enable Aging is set to false, they wouldn't age out, but that doesn't seem to be working.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Business Elements Aging Out of uCMDB

Can you check the history on one of those Business Applications that have had Enable Aging set to true but haven't aged out and see what made that change.

Rey Lejano

effectualsystems.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Business Elements Aging Out of uCMDB

Enable Aging was set to true by the XLS Import Adapter when they were created because I didn't change the adapter setting until after they were created.  I'm hoping I can write an enrichment rule to flip it to false.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.