Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

CCM_DISCOVERY_DESTS_RESULT SQL Table

Jump to solution

A sql administrator pointed me at the dbo.CCM_DISCOVERY_DESTS_RESULTS table.

This table is part of the UCMDB SQL Database

This table contains 43 million records.

Is there a way so that I can tune this value or restrict the max amount of records in this table?

I am running on uCMDB 10.01 and the SQL Server is SQL2008

Kind regards,

Martijn.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: CCM_DISCOVERY_DESTS_RESULT SQL Table

Jump to solution

At the moment there is no method of removing deleted CIs from the table. 

There is an open change request for an implementation of clean up from inside the product. It could be found on HP SSO at 

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR1H104303 .

By now, the recommendation is to trancate the table.

Before to truncate the table CCM_DISCOVERY_DESTS_RESULTS all the probes MUST be stopped.

After the start of the probes we expect the speed for processing data will be increased.

Hope this helps.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

It looks like the CCM_DISCOVERY_DESTS_RESULT table stores (or indexes, rather) relationships between customers, jobs, trigger CIs and discovered CIs. I am guessing the resulting table's size depends on the amount of jobs you're running, the size of your trigger TQLs and the number and size of your probe ranges. I figure you could bring down the number of rows by bringing down the number of triggered CIs, reducing the size of the ranges, split CI types more specifically across jobs. How many CIs do you have in your CMDB? Why would you want to bring down the number of rows in that table? Is it pressing down on your storage?

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

At the moment there is no method of removing deleted CIs from the table. 

There is an open change request for an implementation of clean up from inside the product. It could be found on HP SSO at 

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR1H104303 .

By now, the recommendation is to trancate the table.

Before to truncate the table CCM_DISCOVERY_DESTS_RESULTS all the probes MUST be stopped.

After the start of the probes we expect the speed for processing data will be increased.

Hope this helps.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.