Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

CI Custom Attribute is not getting populated thru UCMDB Webservice.

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

I'm  using UCMDB 9.03 and I'm trying to create a CI using WebService. I created few custom attributes(custom_attr_a,custom_attr_b with string datatype) under CI type "Node". I publshed the those custom attributes thru Modelling->Modelling Studio->Resources tab->Resource type "Queries"->Root->Integration->Data In->networkDataImport->then selected Root->Query Node Properties->Advanced layout settings.. then checked the calculate option. I tried to create a ci  with the type "switch" which is under "Node" with two properties "serial_number" and "custom_attr_a" using webservice.  It creates the CI in ucmdb with the the specified serial_number value, but the "custom_attr_a" field is blank. The supplied value for the field "custom_attr_a" is not getting stored in this fields.

Please assist me what I'm missing in this. Is the way I published the newly created fields right?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: CI Custom Attribute is not getting populated thru UCMDB Webservice.

Jump to solution

Class model is correct. You most probably failing on reconciliation. 

Try to reproduce and check cmdb.reconciliation.audit. You'll see if the operation is failing.

Be advise, that any external UCMDB data population operation are going through idnetification layer. In other words you need to provide enough data to find which CI need to be updated along with attribute change.

Node has one of most complicated identification rules.

If you take a look on identification rule for the node CIT, you'll see <identification-criteria> section. The data you're providing along with change itself should be complient with at lease one of <identification-criterion>.

Hope this helps.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello H_R,

Can you take a look at the logs in the time range that the job is executed,

Example in the C:\hp\UCMDB\UCMDBServer\runtime\log\cmdb.dal.log, C:\hp\UCMDB\UCMDBServer\runtime\log\cmdb.api.audit.detailed.log,

look for insert statement ans see if there are error, warnings.

Best Regards,

Juan Calderon

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Dear Juan Calderon,

Thanks for your quick reply and sorry for my delayed reply.

I checked the log files you had mentioned.  But there is no insert statement available in these files.  Please assist me where to check next..?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Could you please export XML class definition for your node to see how new attributes were defined?

Are you able to populate those attributes from UI?

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Dima,

- Please find the export xml in the attachment for your reference.  The fields are starting with the prefix "ubi".

- Also I'm able to update these attributes from the UCMDB UI.

Regards

HR

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Class model is correct. You most probably failing on reconciliation. 

Try to reproduce and check cmdb.reconciliation.audit. You'll see if the operation is failing.

Be advise, that any external UCMDB data population operation are going through idnetification layer. In other words you need to provide enough data to find which CI need to be updated along with attribute change.

Node has one of most complicated identification rules.

If you take a look on identification rule for the node CIT, you'll see <identification-criteria> section. The data you're providing along with change itself should be complient with at lease one of <identification-criterion>.

Hope this helps.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

HI Dima,

Thanks for your input. The issue was with the webservice call. The way I was supplying the parameter was causing the issue.  Now it is working fine.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards

-HR-

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.