Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

CI Custom Attribute is not getting populated thru UCMDB Webservice.

Hi Experts,

I'm  using UCMDB 9.03 and I'm trying to create a CI using WebService. I created few custom attributes(custom_attr_a,custom_attr_b with string datatype) under CI type "Node". I publshed the those custom attributes thru Modelling->Modelling Studio->Resources tab->Resource type "Queries"->Root->Integration->Data In->networkDataImport->then selected Root->Query Node Properties->Advanced layout settings.. then checked the calculate option. I tried to create a ci  with the type "switch" which is under "Node" with two properties "serial_number" and "custom_attr_a" using webservice.  It creates the CI in ucmdb with the the specified serial_number value, but the "custom_attr_a" field is blank. The supplied value for the field "custom_attr_a" is not getting stored in this fields.

Please assist me what I'm missing in this. Is the way I published the newly created fields right?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum.
-HP Forum Moderator

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: CI Custom Attribute is not getting populated thru UCMDB Webservice.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Pats,

Thanks a lot for pointing me the right forum.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

I'm not sure what do you mean by "...publshed the those custom attributes..." .

Is new attributes part of the class model?

Are you able to populate those attributes via UI?

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.