CI import and export
Is it possbile to import CI from an uCMDB in a csv format and export it into another uCMDB of same version ?
uCMDB running on 10.x
Re: CI import and export
You may refer to ucdmb document : -
Data Flow Management Guide
Chapter 7: Integration Studio
How to Work with Population Jobs
This task explains how to schedule population jobs and select the queries that are used to populate the CMDB with data.
This task includes the following steps:
l "Create an integration point" below
l "Set Reconciliation priority" below
l "Run the population job" below
l "Build a view of the population results" below
l "View instances in IT Universe Manager" below
l "View reports" below
1. Create an integration point
Set up the integration to populate the data. For details, see "How to Set Up an Integration Point" on page 191.
2. Set Reconciliation priority
In the Integration Point pane, right-click the integration, and select Reconciliation Priority Manager from the shortcut menu. For more details, see "Reconciliation Priority Window" on page 496.
3. Run the population job
Population jobs are set to run according to a default schedule setting. However, you can manually run the integration at any time from the Integration Jobs pane. For user interface details, see "Integration Jobs Pane" on page 202.
Select the job.
- To synchronize all data for the first time, click the Full Synchronization button.
- To synchronize only the data changes since the job last ran, click the Delta Synchronization button.
4. Build a view of the population results
For details about viewing the populated data, see "Working with Views in IT Universe Manager" in the HP Universal CMDB Modeling Guide.
5. View instances in IT Universe Manager
For details about viewing the CI instances, see "Working with Views in IT Universe Manager"
in the HP Universal CMDB Modeling Guide.
6. View reports
You can view reports about the integration in the Modeling Studio. For details see the section
about reports in the HP Universal CMDB Modeling Guide.
Re: CI import and export
You can try this:
Populate Cis from package
Packages have special subsystems called “datamodel*”:
- datamodel – to create CIs
- datamodelcreateonly – to createOrUpdate CIs
- datamodelgenerateids – to create CIs with random generated IDs (if I’m not mistaken)
All of them are intended for deployment of CIs represented by Graph form (CIs with Relationships).
- All CITs are deployed
- In the system which holds required topology you should define TQL with Proper Layout on each node (to include ALL Key Attributes + those attributes you want to pass)
- Navigate to JMX Console -> CMDB TQL Services
- Invoke retrieveTqlResult
o Customer ID (by default 1)
o Pattern Name (specify your TQL name)
o maxGraphSize (specify size which is bigger than amount of CIs+Links in your result)
o format - graph
- Save result of invocation into some XML file (e.g. myworld.xml)
- Put XML file to datamodel folder and zip the folder to mypackage.zip
- Deploy mypackage.zip either through JMX or through Package Manager UI