Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

CI resolution issue

Hi Experts,

Am facing CI resolution with few of my nodes  and  when I checked the CI resolver cache using JMX  for the those nodes , am getting the following errors:

no result: AmbiguousResolution: 2 matching CIs
Ambiguous Ci: testDB2 (UCMDB:2a9d304331e7889da923cfde7ffa9f82)
Ambiguous Ci: testDB1 (UCMDB:183d1a5e91c4cc7903980e03f6673ff5)
Note: Hint "testDB1.xyc.com" did not match.

When I check  the properties of these two CI in the RTSM , all the values are unique respectively , Can you please suggest what I should check next...

Regards,
Ashish

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

Tags (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: CI resolution issue

to which CIT you are trying to resolve the event?
if this is Node, check the primaryDnsName attribute.
how these 2 CIs were created in RTSM? what is the source for topology and events?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Asaf,

Thanks for your reply , As you said , these are the node CI ,  Primary DNS name is unique for the both the CI .

Source of Topology is OMW , and these CI were pushed from UCMDB also to RTSM and reconcillation has happened  also.

Regards,

Ashish

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Hello Ashish,

does one primary DNS name match what is given in the hint?

I mean: is one of the listed CIs a node with FQDN "testDB1.xyc.com"?

Sigi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

BTW Ashish, there is Online Expert day today in the Operations Bridge forum. you can post this also there: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Operations-Bridge-Support/ATTENTION-Online-Expert-Day-on-Operations-Bridge-on-April-24-25/td-p/6447682#.U1plWDbD-M8
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Yes , Under resolver hint Tab , I can see Node hint is coming with fields HOSTNAME|IP|ID

Regards,
Ashish
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor..

Asish,

is it possible to see the attributes of the event in question?:
Look up the event ID in EventBrowser, then open

http://<Gateway>/opr-web/rest/event_list/<eventid>

Please save the result as XML file and attach here.

Cheers,

Sigi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Sigi,

let me send the information directly to you.

Regards,
Ashish
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor..

Ashish,

yes that's fine. Could please include screen dumps with attributes of the 2 CIs in question? Interest is towards

CI propoerties like primaryDNSname?
My email: sigi@hp.com

Cheers,

Sigi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.