Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

CI type Attributes Calc question

Jump to solution

Hello All !

I see that for a kind of Ci Type (example "Oracle") the "Display Name" attribute is calc with"Name" attribute value ....

I see that when i test changing "Name" value, in the historic, 2 lines have been created : 1 for display name balue change, 1 for Name value change ...

I try to edit the Oracle Ci Type, but i found nowehere where this calculation is managed .... and more i can not edit the attribute "DisplayName" ...

Is there any attributes in "basis" system CI type that cannot be modified or there is another way to edit these kind of calc ???

thanks in adavance !

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: CI type Attributes Calc question

Jump to solution

Hello,

When it comes to Oracle, only display_label can be calculated, in CI Type Manager if you open CIT Oracle, you will see a tab called "Default Label" 

Regards,

Ana Acosta-Diaz

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello,

Yes, there are some CI Types that cannot be modified, please note all of their options are on the CIT Manager.

Regards,

Ana Acosta-Diaz

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Ok that was what i'm thinking of ....

But, i found nowhere all the rules/calc that exists (for CIT Oracle for example) .. nowhere i found that if name change, display name will take the same value automatically ...

thanks in davance for your help

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello,

When it comes to Oracle, only display_label can be calculated, in CI Type Manager if you open CIT Oracle, you will see a tab called "Default Label" 

Regards,

Ana Acosta-Diaz

"HP Support

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello !

in tab "Default_Label" (Oracle CI type), i can see "database_dbsid|name|root_class) &root_container_name" that means if one of the element change, the display_label will take this value ????

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello,

Yes, that's correct.

Let me know if you have any other questions regarding this subject.

Best regards,

Ana Acosta-Diaz

"HP Support

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.