CMDB CI Status query
Please provide me some inputs for the following queries in uCMDB
Apart from the technical and physical attributes, where do we record the “Current State” of an asset? In another table in the uCMDB?
Possible values for this like
- Production In regular production use, subject to full Change Management and Release Management discipline
- Development In use as part of a Development environment, may be restarted or upgraded etc. without Change requests
- Test Under testing so likely to restart etc without notice
- Stock Part of stored stock list, not connected to the network or active
- In-Maintenance Now part of an approved or known maintenance activity, such as recovering after failure
- Pending-Change Due to be part of a change management activity in the next X hours
- Pending-Replacement On standby in case of a problem with a newer or replacement system, and scheduled for removal for retirement or transition to Stock
These can be (more or less) triggered by the management tools we use for the processes we have in CM, RM etc. Mostly these are flags for Ops and other teams to indicate something is happening.
Finally, where is location information, etc kept?
Is it possible to create a customised CI status dropdown in uCMDB.