Azzura Gun Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

CMS 11 Discovery Issue

I've upgraded my UCMDB version from 10.33 to 11.00, I also upgrade the content pack to CP 28.
I've upgraded the Probe too.

The problem appear when I want to use universal discovery. The job is running but stuck in 0% progress. 
I checked the WrapperProbeGw.log and get this warn message

jvm 1    | <2018-10-23 17:48:12,865> 346481523 [WARN ] [JobRunnerThread-MZ_Test Huawei DC_INfra_Network_Host Connection by SNMP] (JobExecuter.java:1658) - Skip running due to license type is not be initialed

I have an Active License and I have migrated the License to the new version. 

Is there any suggest? 

Thanks,

0 Likes
6 Replies
johnc3 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: CMS 11 Discovery Issue

Can you run invokeLicenseCalculation from JMX?

What do you see in the License report?

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Another question, why upgrade to 11.0 released in February when 11.2 is released in August?

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Yes I've tried to run InvokeLicenseCalculation  from JMX.

The Available License is matching with the license I've installed. 
But the usage is 0% although I have many CI's that consume the License in previous version. 

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

There's the problem.

You can remove all your licenses and add only the 11.x ones. After a restart you can see if during the restart we have any Class Model issues. If a CIT definition needed for license calculation is corrupted then license calculation will fail.

The probes were reinstalled?

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.

I've tried to remove all licenses and use only 11.xx licenses. 
And the I restart the UCMDB. During the restart, in the server status all components UP successfully and there's no such a fail. 
But the issue still happens

The probe is upgraded from the previous version. 

0 Likes
WimW
New Member.

Hi,

Could you please tell me how this issue was resolved?

Thanks in advance!

Wim

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.