Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

CMS 2019.02 - Compliance Reports

Hi all,

I am just testing the new features of CMS 2019.02 and due to an upcoming customer presentation I am pretty interested in the Compliance Reports.

Trying to run it in the CMS UI I get a message: "Report does not exist or an error occured".

In fact, when looking in the good old Java UI, I can see that the report does not exist.

So, question: Where are they and how do I get them?

Thanks and kind regards,

Tobi

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: CMS 2019.02 - Compliance Reports

Okay, found it: If you use "Resource Manager" -> "View" -> "Compliance" it works fine.

Though I don't get the logic behind putting the corresponding TQL into Query\Policy instead of Query\Compliance - but anyway...

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Did you give yourself a Kudo for answering your own question?  🙂  Also... I'm trying to have R&D spruce up the policy documentation a bit.  

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
UCMDB Worldwide Support Lead
Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Is there any further information on compliance reporting? Is there a dashboard widget or anything integrated into CMS home to identify non-compliant systems/applications or is it just a report at this stage?

This also reminds me of an ER opened a while back to discover OS patches as their own CI type, that could really compliment the compliance reporting feature.  My $0.02.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Actually, it is NOT a report. As I said: if you try to open it from the Report Pane in the CMS UI, you will get an error. You have to open it from the Resource Manager Pane. HOwever, it will still make a difference, whether you chose to take the path mentioned above (Resource Manager -> View -> Compliance), which will give you some kind of dashboard grouped to "comliant" and "non-compliant" or if you chose to take Resource Manager -> Query -> Policy: this will give you all CIs matching the TQL but without structure (meaning: you don't see anything about compliant/non-comliant).

I also tried to put it on the CMS UI start page to use it like some kind of dashboard: This does not work at the current point in time, as it gives you the same error message you get, if you try to open it from the Report Pane.

I am not sure about how it is intended to be used or implemented in the future but at the moment it is not really working - at least not the way I would expect.

And I also don't really get the idea behind changing the paradigm for structuring TQLs and Views: in the past it was always clear - Queries were structured in folders containing the TQLs -> the views were structured in folders with the same name... Now it is somehow getting mixed-up.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.